Contact us first for a FREE INITIAL INTERVIEW to confirm costs with NO OBLIGATION.
Employment Claims (Employee)
We advise potential clients to contact us for a free, no-obligation estimate of costs and timescales in relation to any matter. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more detailed information.
The provision of advice and representation to employees in relation to the bringing of claims before the Employment Tribunal against an employer for unfair or wrongful dismissal.
- We charge £500 + VAT on average for this work.
- This estimate is just an average price based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors which we will discuss with you if you decide to instruct us.
- The charge is based on our average hourly charging-rate of £250 per hour, which will vary
- There may be other costs on top. These are fees and charges we will need to pay on your behalf as part of the process, such as Tribunal fees, counsel’s fees, expert witness fees. They are likely to be £600 in total, + VAT where relevant.
- Depending on the outcome of the hearing, in normal cases the expectation is that the losing party will pay the majority of these costs. However, this may not be possible and if not, you will remain liable for any outstanding costs and charges.
- Our fees are given on the assumption that there are no other claims (e.g. discrimination) involved in your case, which may have the effect of increasing the time involved, and thus, the cost.
- Do bear in mind, that you may have other sources from which you could claim our costs, e.g. an insurance policy, or a trade union. We will check this with you if you decide to instruct us.
Our people involved in doing the work will include:
Mr Colin Burdett – Partner
We understand the stress and urgency involved in dealing with employment matters. The work we will carry out will involve:
- Ascertaining the position re: the wrongful and unfair dismissal in your case.
- Reviewing and considering the paperwork
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation.
- Dealing with the lodging of the application.
- Exploring and/or negotiating settlement.
- Preparing a schedule of loss.
- Agreeing documentation with the other side.
- Attendance at final hearing, instructing counsel where necessary.
- Consequent attendance to ensure the decision is implemented.
- How long matters take will depend on a number of factors.
- Obviously, our fees do not include any external costs and charges that may be incurred as part of the process (e.g. damages, fines, penalties or other liabilities). You will also be responsible for these items.
We aim to offer all clients a friendly and efficient service. If, however, any difficulty should arise, including a complaint about the firm’s bill, in the first instance please discuss the issue with the fee earner concerned. If the matter is not resolved, you should raise the matter with our Complaints Partner, Colin Burdett of the Axminster Office – telephone 01297 32206, unless he is the subject of your complaint, in which case please contact William Bennett on Chard telephone 01460 61000.
Should a complaint arise we will inform you of our complaints procedure (which is otherwise available on request) and your right to refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman at the conclusion of our complaints process.